Pulitzer top 10 – The pictures that shook the world
I find photojournalism the most complete and beautiful way of telling a story. I’ve always thought of how controverse must be winning this prize after having taken any of these pictures. What do you say in your speech after receiving the prize? do you thank Kosovo refugees for it? do you blame governments for allowing these cruel moments exist? do you smile?
I guess that sometimes, as a photographer, you must leave your feelings and emotions at home in order to capture that moment that will just shake the whole world.
Here you’ll find some of the most shocking pictures from the last decades.
10. Carol Guzy – Kosovo Refugees
9. Carolyn Cole – War Underfoot
8. Neil Ulevich – Thailand Massacre
7. Patrick Farrel – After the Storm
6. Oded Balilty – The power of one
5. Steve Ludlum – World trade center 9/11
4. Arko Datta – After the Tsunami
3. Pablo Bartholomew – Bhopal gas tragedy 1984
2. Deanne Fitzmaurice – Operation lion heart
1. Frank Fourier – Tragedy of Omayra Sánchez